Friday, September 14, 2018

It's been a while..

I haven't posted in almost 2 years, thought I'd best 'revive' this blog and post more often! 😊

Let's start with a surprise pregnancy in 2016.  We found out we were expecting a boy, and after having 2 girls we were excited to be buying blue.  My pregnancy was hard, I had pre & postnatal depression and it hit me hard.  My complete diagnosis was borderline personality disorder, GAD (generalised anxiety disorder) & severe depression.

Our beautiful boy came along on the 4th November 2016, and he was a perfect 7lb 10oz.  I was petrified that I couldn't care for him properly but I soon got the hang of things again (there's 4.5 years between our middle child and him)

In December 2016 I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.  This disease changed my life (for the worst) and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.  Trying to care for a newborn and having flares nearly every day was tough.  My husband was quite supportive with my diagnosis & helped a lot with the baby.  It's been almost 2 years since my diagnosis, and I have been also diagnosed with arthritis in my L4/5 disc region, so having fibro & arthritis at 38 isn't fun.  I've been told I will get it most likely in a lot more areas of my back.  I have bursitis in both hips & shoulders.  Living with chronic pain changes you, I know I've become a recluse & don't see my friends as often as I would like too.

I survived a pulmonary embolism in December 2017.  I don't know how, but I am still here.  After a 5 day stay in hospital, thousands of needles & blood tests since, I got the all clear in June that the clots had dissolved & that I would live with compromised lungs for the rest of my life.  I have been sick every week since I left hospital. I almost live on antibiotics & cough up hard pieces of phlegm all day every day, it isn't pleasant.

I lost my beautiful Nanna to cancer last June, June 8th to be exact.  I will never forget talking to her before she passed, I cherish every childhood memory that I experienced with her and will be forever grateful for loving me the way she did.  I still have a happy birthday voicemail that I got the year she passed, I will never delete it and listen to it often, mainly when I'm feeling down and teary - missing her is hard.  I am grateful I got to see her in January (2016) when she was 8 months into fighting cancer.  We had a lovely time, talked a lot about old times and I took  a lot of photos of us both. I love her & miss her so much.

It's my husband and I's 6th wedding anniversary next Friday, time is flying by.  So much has happened in the last 2 years, some I wouldn't change (our baby boy) and some I wish I could (chronic illnesses)

Until next time.. Be kind x

No comments:

Post a Comment